The X Factor

Chicago X FACTOR Audition Info

Auditions continue Wednesday, April 27 in Chicago. Wristbands must be obtained from the venue the day prior to auditions.

VENUE

Sears Centre Arena
5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

Get Directions

Sears Centre Arena

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

From the East
Take I-90 West (the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway) to the New Sutton Rd. (Route 59) exit and go straight. The building will be on your right.

Alternate route from the East: Take I-90 West (the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway) to the Beverly Road exit (past the Route 59 exit). Turn right on Beverly Road and turn right again on Prairi Stone Parkway. The building will be on your right.

From the West
Take I-90 East (the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway) to the New Sutton Rd. (Route 59) exit. Turn left onto New Sutton Rd. and go north to the next traffic light. At the light, make a left turn into Hoffman Boulevard. The building will be on your right

ELIGIBILITY Singers and vocal groups 12 years of age or older as of March 1, 2011, who are legal U.S.citizens or eligible to work in the U.S. and do not currently have a music recording contract. Some restrictions apply.
AUDITION DATE Auditions begin Wednesday, April 27, 2011. Arrive before 8:00 AM
REGISTRATION Wristbands will be distributed from approximately 6:00 AM on Tuesday, April 26 until approximately 6:00 AM on Wednesday, April 27. Auditioners will not be permitted to camp out. Once auditioners obtain their wristbands, they will be asked to return to the Sears Centre Arena by 8:00 AM on Wednesday, April 27. Bring legal photo identification. Any auditioner under 18 years old must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian.
BRING ID You MUST bring two forms of ID that show proof of your age — at least one of those must have a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver’s license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card).

DOWNLOAD & PRINT OFFICIAL FORMS

RULES FAQ RELEASE GUARDIANSHIP

During the open auditions, The X Factor Hotline (1-855-345-5678) will be updated with relevant audition details.

Sign up now for Audition Information alerts to receive important updates and more audition details.

Comments

81 comments on “Chicago X FACTOR Audition Info”

1. Sandy from Phoenix - wrote:

I will be in Chicago to audition on April 27th!!!!!
    Check this out… http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6407276

3/9/2011 8:45 PM PDT

2. mallory - wrote:

hey i cant wait to go to chicagos audition im kinda scared but ready as ever. LETS DO THIS THING!!!

3/11/2011 4:18 AM PDT

3. mariana - wrote:

can a canadian citizen audition?

3/11/2011 11:16 AM PDT

4. Litah - wrote:

I tried to fill out the registration for LA and it did not go through. Need help please.

3/11/2011 9:47 PM PDT

5. Anna - wrote:

My friends and i might be able to try out! im soo excited! i can’t wait(:

3/12/2011 9:19 AM PDT

6. Amanda - wrote:

ummmmmmmm…. how do i sign up?

3/12/2011 4:42 PM PDT

7. Amanda - wrote:

i have tried so many auditions, but theyre all scams! my mom said she wanted to take me to a producer, i write my own music and everything! just need too figure out how to play the guitar….

3/12/2011 4:53 PM PDT

8. Amanda - wrote:

I have alot of musical past heres some hillarious stories (sorry i just have to tell these)!

3/12/2011 5:03 PM PDT

9. Amanda - wrote:

Story 1: A talkshow was also on the radio asking for people to call in for christmass songs, my mom asked me if i wanted to call in and i said yea ( i was like four) i got on my moms phone and sang “oops i did it again i play with ur heart get lost in the game” by brittany spears and the host said like “we have a little brittany on the phone” or something…. by the way i didnt know any christmass songs! lol

3/12/2011 5:15 PM PDT

10. Amanda - wrote:

Story 2: I was at a pool and i was either 2 or 3 right, and i wanted to sing my favorite song… so i got up on my small feet and sang “oops i did it again dont play with my heart get lost in the game” and people came around me and were claping… and i went on singing the same line only… my dad got it on tape! sometimes i wish i could go back in time to those years…

3/12/2011 5:18 PM PDT

11. Amanda - wrote:

i was brittany spears for halloween when i was little! but i had a pink wig! i have a pic of me in my little costume lol… good times

3/12/2011 5:20 PM PDT

12. Amanda - wrote:

anyone wanna try out with me… Im nervous…

3/12/2011 5:23 PM PDT

13. Kim - wrote:

Wow i need my 10 seconds of fame!!!!!

3/13/2011 11:35 AM PDT

14. Tanya - wrote:

I’m a Single mom of two small children, and I have always LOVED singing. I used to sing very well, but yr of smoking have done it’s toll:( I will be coming to Chicago to follow a life’s dream. I may be older, not the most beautiful thing, and am no longer at the top of my game. I want my children to know that know, ” always follow your dreams, so you never wonder what could’ve been”! Excited and a bit nervous, but looking forward to meeting some wonderful talented people! Good Luck to All, and most of all Enjoy:)

3/13/2011 7:27 PM PDT

15. Ashley Bryant - wrote:

im going to auditiopn with my best friend but im only 13 andi live like 8 hours away from chicago. and my mom will barely let me miss school as is. :( help :( ((

3/14/2011 6:42 AM PDT

16. Kendra - wrote:

Are instruments aloud????

3/14/2011 8:03 AM PDT

17. David Shaw - wrote:

Wow could this really be it,I want to be a singer so bad,I can’t read music,but I write my own original songs from my heart and soul,I’m nervous and would like someone there with me,this could be my shot,let’s go :)

3/14/2011 11:59 AM PDT

18. Adelle Hayes - wrote:

My prom it the 30th and I plan on going to the Chicago auditions, will call backs affect that?

3/14/2011 12:37 PM PDT

19. Anna Adams - wrote:

Okay so like i said in an earlier comment, my two friends and i want to go to the chicago audtion to tryout. Say that we made it through to the next stage, would we and our families have to pay to travel to the next place or would the cost be covered?

3/15/2011 9:45 AM PDT

20. Dakota(: - wrote:

♥♪♫♪ I loveeeee singing!(: ♪♫♪♥

3/15/2011 11:58 AM PDT

21. James Libera - wrote:

I was singing right from my mothers birth canal…first song I ever wrote and sang was called “wah” lol. I’ve always sung in bands and wrote my own songs for many years. Captivated by music I would challenge myself to learn every type out there with no limitations. Studying Opera was the way I learned how to use my diaphragm. Now I teach a choir of homeless men and women at a mission in Chicago. Still I sing for passion and weekend gigs that fill the need of this dreamers artistic heart. I’ll never stop…

3/15/2011 1:30 PM PDT

22. Paula - wrote:

Why are there not any auditions for the western states closer to North Dakota, Missouri, South Dakota, etc? It seems we are always left out. Population may be smaller out here, but we do have lots of talent.

3/16/2011 8:09 AM PDT

23. Destiny Adams - wrote:

i am auditioning here! i am from louisville ky and i have a god given talent for singing and i hav e faith that god will see me through this

3/16/2011 5:27 PM PDT

24. virgil shepherd - wrote:

will we get applications for fill out before hand?

3/16/2011 7:11 PM PDT

25. DaZhane' - wrote:

So excited, Yet a little nervous! (im not gonna lie) :]

3/16/2011 10:06 PM PDT

26. LeAh - wrote:

I can’t wait since I live in Chicago I know my way around and I can’t wait to get this over with. I’M PUMPED!! !:)

3/19/2011 2:26 PM PDT

27. Michael Mcgraph - wrote:

See ya all on the 27th!

3/20/2011 6:20 PM PDT

28. Jaleel - wrote:

Ive been looking foward to something like this my whole life im excited its not ab out the fame its not even about the money its about the music

3/20/2011 7:39 PM PDT

29. Jabria W - wrote:

Good Luck!

3/21/2011 2:33 PM PDT

30. Lindsay Spencer - wrote:

If I am a student (14 yr old) and homeschooled, what can my 2nd form of id be…no drivers license and no school id? Or can I just bring my birth certificate and my mom with her id info?

3/22/2011 12:52 PM PDT

31. Joe - wrote:

Thanks for giving we and our families the chance to change our lives. WHAT A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

My best wishes go out to all who are trying.

3/22/2011 1:01 PM PDT

32. Caleb Carr - wrote:

I’m so pumped for audition’s! Good luck to all that i’m competing with! I just want to get passed audition’s and i’ll feel quite accomplished! This will be a great experience and oppurtunity! Once again, good luck everyone!!!

3/22/2011 6:06 PM PDT

33. sherrea williams - wrote:

It’s about letting go of the FEAR. Knowing in your heart of hearts that this is for you. And no one can take from you or secure it for you but YOU!

3/24/2011 10:15 AM PDT

34. AmberLydia :) - wrote:

im about to turn 16 on april 7th so im gettn my liscense :) bt my mom wont let me miss school….. wat do i do? i hav a god given talent nd im ready to showcase it to the world!!!!

3/24/2011 7:20 PM PDT

35. JERSEY GURL - wrote:

WILL THEY EXCEPT ME IF I’VE BEEN IN JAIL, COMMITED A FELONY, OR BEEN IN PRISION IN MY LIFETIME. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BEFORE I MADE A TRIP 1/2 WAY AROUND THE WORLD FOR NOTHING. I KNOW IDOL AND AMERICA’S GOT TALENT HAS RESTRICTIONS FOR THIS WHICH I THINK I BULL SHIT CUZ I’VE SEEN ALOT OF TALENTED IMATES.

3/24/2011 8:19 PM PDT

36. Rita - wrote:

Best wishes to us all….looking forward to this!

3/28/2011 10:56 AM PDT

37. Mariah - wrote:

I`m going! I`m only 13 and I dont honestly know what song to sing! I was just checking on here to see who is singing what?? let me know! purdy plzz

3/28/2011 3:25 PM PDT

38. Ashley - wrote:

I cant wait!!!

3/28/2011 3:38 PM PDT

39. Samantha - wrote:

I’m flying to New York from Fort Bragg , NC.
    than driving with my Mom.
    i’m SO excited :-) can’t wait to see everyone!

3/29/2011 9:26 AM PDT

40. Independent bosses - wrote:

we r wit da gurl kendra if dats hw u spel it bttt r instrumentals aloud

3/29/2011 5:38 PM PDT

41. Independent bosses - wrote:

WE CANT WAIT 2 APRIL 27 YAYYYY SO HAPPY CHICAGO HOME CITY WILL B DAREEEE STILL WORKIN ON DA SONGZ WIT DA INSTRUMENTALS IF POSE 2 B USED STILL ASKIN ON DATTTTT?????? US N KENDRA PLZZZZZ TEL US LOLZX

3/29/2011 5:41 PM PDT

42. P.E. - wrote:

1. Can we bring fold-up-in-a-bag chairs to sit in while waiting in line for wristbands and on audition day?
    2. On audition day, can family/friends go directly into the arena/venue with their wristbands and seat tickets (say when I’m close enough in line to actually getting inside the venue for my audition I can call them and tell them to come) or do they have to stay with me while I wait in line?

3/31/2011 3:55 PM PDT

43. kym - wrote:

i’m trying out! check out my music at youtube.com/kymkomara… give me some feedback please!

4/1/2011 12:50 PM PDT

44. BreonJFt.Wayne - wrote:

what happens if you make it and your in school?

4/4/2011 1:56 PM PDT

45. randal stoery - wrote:

trying laod up my for the show but i hope you like and have me on the the show i will not let you down.

4/5/2011 12:06 PM PDT

46. Khaotic(Ocean & Heaven) - wrote:

Hey this khaotic krazy and we’re from the chi. We’re coming to kill the competition….no offense. Not to be cocky but this is an once in the life time opportunity we have been waiting for.So good luck to all.

4/5/2011 2:56 PM PDT

47. Khaotic(Ocean & Heaven) - wrote:

Omg we can’t ,wait to audition April 27 In our hometown. This something we have dreamed to happen since 4ever. GL Everyone. :)

4/5/2011 2:59 PM PDT

48. Texas Girl - wrote:

OMG! got on my CP, told BG about SC on XF. I can’t wait! I still am not sure what I want to sing. I think I may sing lyrics by Celin Dion, my favorite, Lady Antebellum, another favorite or Mindy McCready which is awesome as well! Go Texas Girl! Make TEXAS proud!

4/6/2011 8:18 AM PDT

49. Amanda - wrote:

they only pick for people from st.louise to go to chicago, im scared- fingers crossed

4/6/2011 5:58 PM PDT

50. Amanda - wrote:

im mean 4 people from st.louise

4/6/2011 5:58 PM PDT

51. Amanda - wrote:

i also think its wrong for like grown-ups to do this because they couldnt just go on american idol they waited to crush kids dreams or have a “not so tough” competention…

4/6/2011 5:59 PM PDT

52. Gia - wrote:

Im trying out in Chicago :) :) im only twelve 13 in may! But im so exited ive done many things before i sing the national anthem at many colleges and my school games. I did the 888 56 modle thingie and got exepted but it was alot of money lol and i cant wait for this!!!!! Ive been talking about this for a while now… SIMON BE READY TO CRY HAPPY TEARS!!! ITS ONNN!! :)

4/6/2011 6:08 PM PDT

53. Billy - wrote:

Im 13,goin for the audition :) ive always been singin,but nvr thoight of tryin to go pro. Well heres my shot!!! Good luck!!!!

4/6/2011 8:56 PM PDT

54. Carol - wrote:

Been waiting for this opportunity my whole life, dont get mad cuz i’m in it to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thought i’d let cha know.. :)

4/8/2011 6:50 AM PDT

55. Carol - wrote:

amanda, you’re probably to young and i’m to old for american idol, which i think really sucks, but sweetheart everybody deserves a shot, early or late in life. talent and entertainment has no gender, no race, no age and i think simon finally realized that an american idol can be any age. so just go out there and do what you were born to do and do it great!!!!! a fellow contestand – good luck little lady!!!

4/8/2011 6:58 AM PDT

56. Milton - wrote:

if you audition as a vocal group but everyone in it is 15 can only one parent go for everyone?

4/13/2011 5:48 PM PDT

57. Alycia - wrote:

So I am auditioning, and I’m coming from St. Louis… I heard that there are pre-auditions in St. Louis this Saturday in order to go to Chicago.. Is this true?

4/14/2011 4:46 PM PDT

58. MJ - wrote:

How early can we line up for wristbands in Chicago?

4/15/2011 12:23 PM PDT

59. Patrice G - wrote:

@ ALL MY CHGO PPL I WANNA SEND MAD LUV OUT 2 YA! I’M ORIGINALLY BORN & RAISED N CHI-TWN. BUT, I NOW LIVE N VEGAS & I AUDITIONED N L.A I MADE IT ALL DA WAY 2 DA FINAL ROUND N L.A! BUT, I’LL GIVE MY CHGO PEEPS A LIL’ ADVICE 2 HEED. U CAN LIKE IT OR LUMP IT DA CHOICE IS URS. 1ST. I’M A BABY-BOMER MOTHER OF 1 & GRANDMOTHER OF 4 SO DON’T BE DISCOURAGED BY AGE IF U GOT WHAT IT TAKES 2 DO DIS I’M A GROWN & SEXY GRANDMOTHA & I GOTTA REPRESENT & I WILL! EACH TIME I MADE IT 2 DA NEXT ROUND & WAS ASKED MY AGED I BLEW DA PRODUCERS AWAY B’CUZ I LOOK 10 TO 15YRS. YOUNGER DEY ALL SAID! I LOOK, ACT, WALK, TALK, & DRESS UNIQUE! 2ND. I SANG A MALE SONG DAT I NEW PPL WOULD NEVA THINK 2 SING B’CUZ I NEW SO MANY FEMALES (YOUNG & OLD) WOULD PIC WHITNEY H, CELINE D, CHRISTINA A. ARETHA F. & ALICIA K.) BY DA TIME DA JUDGES GOT TOWARD DA END DEY HAD HEARD DESE SAME SONGZ A THOUSAND TIMES & MANY GOT NO’S FROM DA JUDGES & DIDN’T EVEN MAKE IT PASS DA 1ST. ROUND! 3RD. I’M NOT SAYIN’ DON’T SING DESE ARTIST SONGZ BUT JUS MAKE SURE U’RE NOT SINGIN’ A SONG DATS 2 BIG 4 U. WE SUMTIMES THINK WE CAN TACKLE BIG SONGZ LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND DID SHE SANG A WHITNEY H. SONG & I WAS N BACK OF HER & B4 WE GOT UP 2 SING 4 DA PRODUCER I ASKED HER WHAT WAS SHE GONNA SING & SHE NAMED A WHITNEY H. SONG & I ASKED HER CAN SHE HANDLE DA SONG B’CUZ IT WAS A BIG SONG. SHE SAID YEAH, I’VE SUNG IT MANY TIMES, I GOT DIS SO SHE WAS CALLED UP 2 SING & SHE STARTED OUT OK BUT WHEN SHE GOT 2 DA HIGH NOTES SHE STRUGGLED A LOT & B4 DA PRODUCER SAID IT, I THOUGHT 2 MYSELF SHE’S GONNA GET A NO FROM DA PRODUCER & DIS WAS DA 1ST. ROUND MIND U. SHE GOT A NO! SHE WALKED OUT ANGRY & DIS-HEARTED WHICH I UNDERSTAND HOW SHE FELT. I WOULD RATHER HEAR A MALE WIT A BIG VOICE SING 1 OF DESE ARTIST SONGZ N’STEAD OF A FEMALE B’CUZ DAT WOULD B UNIQUE! & MOST OF ALL DON’T SING A SONG DAT SIMON COWELL HAS ALREADY STATED NOT 2 SING LIKE JASON MRAZ’S CAN’T WAIT, FRANK SINATRA’S MACK DA KNIFE OR SUMMER WIND, DA RIGHTEOUS BROS. UNCHAINED MELODY. I CAN’T B’LIEVE PPL STILL SANG DESE SONGS & MOST OF DEM GOT A NO FROM DA PRODUCERS! SHE ASKED ME WHAT WAS I GONNA SING & I TOLD HER I’M SINGIN’ A MALE SONG BUT PUTTIN’ MY FEMALE TWIST ON IT & MAKE IT MY OWN WHICH I DID. I HAD DA SAME PRODUCER DAT HAD TOLD HER NO. I STARTED 2 SING A VERSE WHICH IS A REQUIREMENT I GOT THRU DAT & PROCEED 2 SING DA CHORUS WHICH IS ALSO WHAT DEY REQUIRE. B4 I FINISHED DA CHORUS I SAW DA PRODUCER REACHIN’ 4 DA GOLDEN TIX I NEEDED 2 MOVE ON 2 DA NEXT ROUND! 4TH. I GOT N LINE @ 4AM BOTH DAYS 2 ASURE I WOULD BE AMONG DA 1ST. OR 2ND SET OF PPL TO B GUARANTEED AN AUDITION SO EARLY BIRDS GETS DA WORM PPL! IF U’RE WEY BACK N DA BACK MANY MAY NOT GET A CHANCE 2 AUDITION B’CUZ DEY MAY RUN OUT OF TIX OR JUS B TOLD NO NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF A SINGA U R! 5TH. DA 2ND ROUND 2 ME WAS DA TUFF’ES ROUND B’CUZ DEY ASK MANY QUESTIONS & HOW U ANSWER DEM WILL ALSO DETERMINED IF U GO TO DA 3RD. & FINAL ROUND SO B UNIQUE & HONEST & CARE4 HOW U ANSWER DA QUESTIONS B’CUZ I WITNESSED GOOD SINGAS GET NO’S ON DA 2ND ROUND! 6TH. BY DA TIME I MADE IT 2 DA 3RD & FINAL ROUND I AUDITIONED N FRONT OF DA EXEC. PRODUCER. DERE IS WHERE U’LL B N’TERVIEWED & GET 2 SING ON CAMERA! DATS UR BEST TIME 2 SHINE! SO B PREPARED! IF @ ANY POINT U R ASKED 2 SING ANOTHA SONG B PREPARED! I DIDN’T HAVE 2 DO DAT (THNK GOD!) BUT MANY DID! U WILL NOT C SIMON COWELL OR L.A. REID @ DESE AUDITIONS ONLY IF U MAKE IT ON DA SHO IS WHEN U’LL MEET DEM! AFT. I MADE IT ALL DA WEY I THOUGHT I’M SAFE BUT, PLZ NO U’RE NOT SAFE B’CUZ U WILL B TOLD BY DA EXEC. PRODUCER DAT DEY AREN’T MAKIN’ ANY DECISIONS @ DIS TIME BUT U’LL B NOTIFIED EITHER WAY IF U’RE GONNA B ON DA SHO OR NOT! SO DERE R STILL NO GUARANTEES EVEN IF U MAKE IT ALL DA WAY 2 DA FINAL ROUND. SO, I’M HOPIN’ 2 B CONTACTED SOON BY PRODUCERS 2 LET ME NO IF I WAS PIC’D 2 B ON DA SHO! I CAN’T WAIT 2 MEET SIMON! LUV HIM 2 PI’ESS 7TH. & FINAL ADVICE IS DRESS 2 IMPRESS! MAKE A STATEMENT DAT REPRESENTS U AS AN ARTIST! B UNIQUE! CONFIDENT EVEN IF U’RE NERVOUS! SPEAK WELL, CLEAR, & HONEST! B URSELF DON’T OVA DO IT DEY WILL C RITE THRU FONIES! B POLITE, LOOK DA PRODUCERS RITE N DA EYES & DO UR BEST PERFORMANCE OF UR LIFE EACH TIME U MAKE IT 2 DA NEXT ROUND! 4 ME MY 1 & ONLY SONG GOT ME THRU 2 DA FINAL ROUND. I DIDN’T CHANGE MY SONG @ ALL B’CUZ I STUCK 2 WHAT WAS WORKIN’ 4 ME! IT MAY B DIFF. 4 U THO. B PREPARED DERE WILL B LONG WAITS SO, HOW BAD DO U WHAT DIS PPL?! BRING A FOLDIN’ CHAIR 2 SIT N WHILE U WAIT & WATER & LITE FOOD BUT PLZ NO U WON’T B ABLE 2 BRING DEM N DA VENUE SO EAT UR FOOD B4 U ENTER, DRINK UR WATER 2 & IF U’RE DRIVIN’ EITHER TAKE UR CHAIR 2 UR CAR OR U’LL B ASKED 2 LEAVE IT OUTSIDE TIL U’RE DONE WHICH IS WHAT I HAD 2 DO B’CUZ I WASN’T WALKING ALL DA WAY BACK 2 MY CAR I TOOK A CHANCE DAT IT WOULD STILL B WHERE I WAS TOLD 2 LEAVE IT & IT WAS BUT, IF NOT IT WAS NOT WORTH ME LOSIN’ DIS OPPORTUNITY DA CHAIR ONLY COST ME $7.99 @ WALGREENS! LOL!!! GOOD LUCK CHI-TWN! BREAK-A-LEG!

4/15/2011 8:36 PM PDT

60. barbara - wrote:

Just want to say Good Luck To Matt VanFossen!!! Can’t wait to see u on TV!!! All the way Matt!!!!!!

4/19/2011 8:13 AM PDT

61. Chris from the Ohio Valley - wrote:

Matt Van Fossen won our local competition and is Chicago bound……look out Windy City….you ain’t seen nothin’ yet! Go Matt!!! You make us all proud!

4/19/2011 3:40 PM PDT

62. Susan Butler - wrote:

Get ready Chicago!! Matt Van Fossen ROCKS! http://www.mattvanfossen.com

4/19/2011 4:21 PM PDT

63. tina - wrote:

sorry i have not gone the ther ones and not to sure how all of this work i will and i will be there in honolulu to do it please add me for honolulu, i am not comming for the chicago one thank you or the others like dalls i have signed up just incase so you will know i will be auditioning and i realy am looking fowards to this, thank you.

4/22/2011 9:09 PM PDT

64. Frelindain Chi - town Anderson - wrote:

This is my dream come true most definitely i’ll be Chicago , Peace !! X Factor i have what it takes ..

4/22/2011 9:21 PM PDT

65. Nikki - wrote:

This Cheesehead will prevail! As much as everybody says, this is my dream, it is, REALLY for me. FOR REAL! CHI-TOWN HERE I COME! I’m ready to show what I got, and prove to everyone, a simple person can make it. Hope and pray for me!

4/23/2011 10:06 PM PDT

66. Miss G - wrote:

I will be there @ Chi-town auditions! Good luck everybody and God bless!

4/25/2011 12:13 AM PDT

67. Rachel - wrote:

ATTENTION ALL- Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors!!!! In Illinois you all will start STATE WIDE testing on the day of auditions!!! Hopefully you will figure it out & good luck!

4/25/2011 9:05 AM PDT

68. sue - wrote:

WHAT A RIP OFF!!!! I DROVE FROM AURORA JUST TO BE TURNED AWAY BECAUSE YOU NEED 20$ FOR PARKING. NO WHERE WAS I TOLD TO BRING 20$ FOR PARKING!!! BOTH DAYS!!! 20$ X 2 DAYS X 20,000 PEOPLE? SIMON – YOU’RE NOT LOOKING FOR TALENT…YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MORE$$$$$$$$ DON’T YOU HAVE ENUFF ALREADY?

4/26/2011 11:13 AM PDT

69. sue - wrote:

THIS SHOW IS A RIP OFF. 20$ FOR PARKING?? THIS IS NOT THE NBA PLAYOFFS. D-ROSE IS NOT PLAYING THERE…WHY SO MUCH $ FOR PARKING. WHY DON’T YOU TELL PEOPLE SEARS CENTRE WANTS 20$ BOTH DAYS TO PARK YOUR CAR?

4/26/2011 11:33 AM PDT

70. john - wrote:

my chicago x-factor experience….. woke up at 3:30 a.m. left the house at 4:00 a.m. (from indiana..35 miles from chicago) drove in the pouring rain for an hour and a half. Arrived only to find it was $20 to park just to register. thats day 1 ….so gas + parking day 1= $40 x 2 days= $80.. Long.lines…. walking from parking lot in pouring rain and strong winds plus if you make it to the next level or two….add $80 for two more trips…..total for 4days= $160. one of the police officers handling the parking said he thought it was extortion ……..i turned around and went home…..couldn’t afford it.
    sorry Simon…… i was the voice you were looking for…. :(

4/26/2011 3:46 PM PDT

71. dot - wrote:

sue the money from parking is sears centre arena’s fault, not x-factor. and i agree, it is insane. i parked by the church on day 1, which none of them told me there would be parking closer at the arena itself – so after walking a mile in the rain with newly formed blisters, i got there and face-planted on the pavement. but you know why i don’t care? because singing is my life, and it’s the only thing that matters – so we do these things to get our chance. 20 bucks for parking, and then 30+ bucks on day 2 for taking cabs (because i was NOT doing that walk again) is nothing if/when I win the 5mill at the end.

4/27/2011 2:58 PM PDT

72. Kevin - wrote:

My stepson made it through to Thursday. You can hear him at the following link singing a song he wrote. http://hopeforthetroubledheartministries.com/pro-life.html

4/27/2011 5:50 PM PDT

73. jonathan - wrote:

Was at the Chicago audition. Was wondering what everyone thought of that guy with the giant hat? I heard he made it and was hoping to go see him at the live show in May.

4/29/2011 6:10 AM PDT

74. tina turner - wrote:

I agree the parking was crazy, standing outside freezing was even crazier. I saw the guy with the pink hat. I heard he made it but not sure how far. Love to see him on the show.

4/29/2011 6:17 AM PDT

75. Nick - wrote:

To all the people complaining about the cost of parking meant you couldn’t audition- I found a quiet spot to leave my car in the parking lot of an unused building around the corner. Both days. Parking- free. If you really want something, you find a way.

4/29/2011 10:33 AM PDT

76. Sharon - wrote:

So Not ORGANIZED! Register day one and get a seat. $20.00 for parking. Tell you to get there at 7:00 on day 2 and DO NOT OPEN THE DOORS WHEN IT IS POURING OUTSIDE FOR 2 HOURS! No excuse when everyone had an assigned seat. $20.00 again for parking! The only good thing was meeting all the nice people. Got my seat at 9:30 and did not audition until 6:00p.m. Exhausting!

4/30/2011 9:39 PM PDT

77. FeFe - wrote:

My experience at the Chicago audition had good and bad. The good, I met some nice people. That was about it. The experience taught me that if it is your destiny to become what you dream, this would not be the way. Day 1- arrived at 4 a.m., parked in a church lot ($20), walked in the rain and blowing rain to get in line. Although I was among the first 500, the wait was entirely too long. Stood in line forever only to get in the building to receive a band that only took less than 10 minutes. Day 2 – arrived around 5 a.m. Didn’t understand why we waited again in the freezing rain and the wind til after 8:30 a.m. Although they had team players trying to hype us up, it shouldn’t have taken so long. People in line were shivering and drenched. The dumbest statment was made by the guy on the bullhorn when he stated ” it didn’t matter if we stood there, we were already wet”. How rude! When we got in we went right to our assigned seat. As I sat and watched the type of acts, yes, I said acts, coming out with a gold piece of paper, I was speechless. There was, let me see, superman w/ a gold cape, a giant pink butterfly man, cleopatra in metallic gold from head to toe, Prince, a clown, a woman dressed like a little girl with pigtails, a older woman, about 86 who sung with Vic Damone, and the list goes on. There were some very, very talented singers that were turned away. I went into booth #9 and after reading some of the blogs from other cities, I took a look at my surroundings. The first thing I noticed was that the judge that I had didn’t have any visible gold tickets. I saw them in the booth beside his, but none in his. Before, I it was my turn to sing, I watched six people in front of me come out of this booth only to get their band cut. He did not have eye contact, he didn’t speak, and he was doodleling while just sitting there like a bump on a log. He was very discouraging. I saw many crying, from the young and old. Alot of broken spirits. That bothered me more than anything with this whole ordeal. I went for the experience, which was fine because I never did anything like this before. But I thank God that I know where and who my gift comes from and I know that when men say no, God has a great big YES.

5/4/2011 12:25 PM PDT

78. Rudy Mazurosky - wrote:

William M. Linster, age 14, has been a professional entertainer
    since age 8. He is a virtuoso on the piano, a concert violist, site
    reads music, has perfect pitch, and can perform on most musical
    instruments. He has performed as band leader and on stage performer
    for the Main Street Theater, Woodbury, Connecticut. Add to his music-
    playing ability, on-key singing, will attain the heighth of 6’4″
    (perhaps taller), handsome with blue eyes and is intelligent.

William’s ambition is to be Barry Manelow’s successor.

William is acknowledged by his musical instructors and fans to have
    more natural talent and stage presence than the fine young star known
    as “Justin Bieber”.

William has just learned of Simon Cowell’s X-Factor auditions and is
    understandably upset that he would be unable to travel to Dallas later
    this month as he attends Chase Collegiate here in Connecticut with
    the school year ending and graduation in June.

William resides in Southbury, Connecticut.

William would attain the top prize of $5,000,000. All he would need,
    were it remotely possible, is a deserved chance to audition before
    the most-discriminating representative of the X-Factor, Simon Cowell.

5/6/2011 2:24 PM PDT

79. armani - wrote:

lower the age to 11!!!!!!!!!!!

5/20/2011 11:17 PM PDT