The X Factor

Paula Abdul joins Simon on THE X FACTOR judges panel

Paula Abdul joins Simon on the judges' panel

America’s sweetheart, world-renowned choreographer and pop icon Paula Abdul will join Cheryl Cole, Antonio “L.A.” Reid and Simon Cowell as a judge on THE X FACTOR, the highly anticipated singing competition series debuting this fall. Abdul, who sat alongside Cowell for eight seasons as a judge on AMERICAN IDOL, has worldwide album sales exceeding 50 million records, two No. 1 albums, six No. 1 singles, a Grammy Award, seven MTV Awards, two Emmy Awards, two People’s Choice Awards and two Kids’ Choice Awards. Abdul will join Cole, Cowell, and Reid as they travel to THE X FACTOR audition cities searching for the next global superstar or breakout music group.

“This show would never have been the same without Paula and I can’t believe I am saying this – I have missed her a lot, and I am thrilled she’s on the show,” said Simon Cowell.

“I am excited beyond words to be a part of THE X FACTOR. I couldn’t be happier to bring my love for cultivating talent and performance to such a wildly anticipated show,” said Paula Abdul. “I’m looking forward to being back with the FOX family and know that it will be an extraordinary journey — we’re going to have a blast. I’m also delighted and grateful to be sitting next to Simon again…but you might want to check back with me in a week or two!”

“Paula is not only the lovely, nurturing person that America fell in love with, but she’s also one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever seen — which makes her a perfect fit to judge THE X FACTOR,” said Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “Paula and Simon have undeniable chemistry, and together with L.A. Reid and Cheryl Cole, I think we’ve put together an incredibly entertaining judges’ panel.”

“I’m thrilled to be working with Paula again,” says executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz. “A consummate entertainer in her own right, she has an extraordinary talent and generosity for nurturing performers — and her chemistry with Simon Cowell is like no other. I especially look forward to seeing her signature sensibilities in action during our mentoring rounds!”

Auditions have been held in Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, Seattle and Chicago. Dallas auditions take place on May 26. In addition to the open auditions, THE X FACTOR has audition booths in six more cities open through May 8.

During the open auditions, The X Factor Hotline (1-855-345-5678) will be updated with relevant audition details.

Sign up now for Audition Information alerts to receive important updates and more audition details.

Comments

65 comments on “Paula Abdul Joins Cheryl Cole, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on THE X FACTOR Judges Panel”

1. Sabrina - wrote:

I couldn’t be happier (:

5/8/2011 3:59 PM PST

2. Paul - wrote:

I have to admit it is now a amazing show. It would not be a show without you Paula. I cannot wait until the show starts…Simon congradulations the X factor is going to be a BIG hit. The anticipation is going to be high, and the energy is going to be off the charts. woooooooh!!!!!

5/8/2011 4:37 PM PST

3. Patricia Snell - wrote:

I am so glad that Paula will be on the X-factor, Love her so much, also i really wish that my son Anthony had gotten a chance to audition in front of her and Simon because she is a sweetheart and would love him so much because he sings so well and is as loveable as a teddy bear. :) Wellcome Paula!!! You are an asset to the show.

5/8/2011 4:48 PM PST

4. tabatha - wrote:

i am so freaking happy :]

5/8/2011 7:05 PM PST

5. maria - wrote:

my daughter auditioned in newark and was invited to audition and called back and put on tape. Have they already contacted those contestants going to the next level?

5/8/2011 7:41 PM PST

6. maria - wrote:

have they already contacted those contestants invited to perform and compete live in front of the judges in June? Or will they be contacting soon?

5/8/2011 7:42 PM PST

7. jeannie - wrote:

Simon, I am very glad you have started THE X FACTOR, you are a brillant man and I have missed watching you. American Idol is not the same, I think Randy is great but seems Jennifer does a lot of promoting her work and it should be about the singers in the show, she is beautiful but not Paula. Paula, I just admire you and always have. Thanks Simon for starting this show, I have always liked you. You should have some kind of contest, who wins will get to have lunch with you and Paula, maybe I would win.

5/8/2011 8:41 PM PST

8. BarbZ - wrote:

I was thrilled to hear that Simon Cowell had a new show coming on. I think his critique is right on however our family is very disappointed to hear that Paula Abul is going to me a judge. What a mistake, Paula isn’t even coherent most of the time. We won’t be watching, can’t stand her. And I few other people that were over the house this evening said they won’t watch with Paula on either. Too bad.

5/8/2011 9:34 PM PST

9. Peter Allan Ker - wrote:

I’m excited to see Paula Abdul reunite with Simon Cowell on The X Factor!

5/8/2011 11:04 PM PST

10. Grace - wrote:

Went to the show tonight in LA and loved it! However, I think the judges should start asking the contestants if they understand what the X Factor is. I felt alot of the contestants and even many in the audience had no clue what the X Factor is. But I did enjoy the show and will definitely be watching on TV!

5/9/2011 1:00 AM PST

11. Lizzie m Arnold - wrote:

Simmon you are what , they need someone that going to help them not hold back,I LOVE WACTHING YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME. WHY LEAD SOMEONE ON . YOU ARE NOT HELPING THEM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YOU NEED ME TO BE A JUDGE(SMILE)

5/9/2011 1:27 AM PST

12. Ann - wrote:

So excited to hear that Simon and Paula will reunite on X-Factor! Wasn’t too sure about the rest of the judges panel up to this point, but I will definately be tuning in now. This will make for some GREAT tv.

5/9/2011 4:59 AM PST

13. jjohann - wrote:

DIS-APPOINTMENTED THAT PAULA ABDUL WILL BE A JUDGE ON EX FACTOR, CAN SHE NOT SUCEED WITHOUT SIMON.? (LOVE SIMON). IN MY OPNION SHE WANTS ATTENTION FROM THE TV VIEWERS WHILE FLIRTING WITH SIMON. AT THIS POINT AMERICAN IDOL HAS THE BEST JUDGES . GO JENNIFFER AND STEPHEN TYLER, WOO HOO

5/9/2011 6:42 AM PST

14. ~Dakota - wrote:

@jeannie and @BarbZ: This isn’t a new show. It is here because we’re just now getting a US version, but the show is actually originally from the UK and started in 2004.

5/9/2011 7:28 AM PST

15. Jasmine Thompson - wrote:

hey maria are you saying that your daughter did recieve a phone call to be invited back to audition? I’m just tryin to get clearity so I know that the producers have already started making contacts to people who made it to the third round? I auditioned in newark as well. So if you can, I’d like to know if you already got some kind of contact since the audition and what date. Thanks!!

5/9/2011 8:23 AM PST

16. Rita - wrote:

I was going to watch the show until you decided to put Paula on.
    She’s the reason we quit watching American Idol because of how silly and childish she became. Do you think you can get her to behave and act her age this time or will she be jumping around acting like she’s on something again.

5/9/2011 8:58 AM PST

17. Wanda Jackson - wrote:

Will you have an Auditioning Booth for the Dallas Auditioners

5/9/2011 9:19 AM PST

18. iCameronJames - wrote:

I was in Los Angeles last night, watching competition,
    this show is very impressive to say the least!
    The younger contestants were polished and inspiring.
    The audience was more sophisticated than ever,
    Simon seemed pleasantly appreciative as he was freakin hilarious. The other 3 judges had their potent moments as well.

I aim to showcase my 3 Concept Albums (29 song Catalog)
    in lieu of making two indie Rockumentry Movies with the $ 5 Mill.
    I’m booking A flight to Dallas earning A spot for my domination.

5/9/2011 9:38 AM PST

19. Homa - wrote:

it’s GREAT that she is a judge!!i’m so happy and excited!all i wanted was to see them both together again,and know i will be!!LOVE Paula,and + with Simon!

5/9/2011 10:47 AM PST

20. meems - wrote:

Glad to hear that Paula and Simon will be judging X Factor together…they add spice and interest working together! Now I am sure to watch the show! SIMON IS ONE SMART FELLOW!

5/9/2011 4:31 PM PST

21. Drealm - wrote:

Cheryl didn’t deserve to be a judge on the UK X Factor, let alone the US version. No weak out of tune (so called) singer who can’t sing live should be judging performers who sing live each week.

American viewers will rip her to shreds when they discover she can’t sing and has no real talent. They wont take kindly to having an undeserving Brit judging their talent. It’s a joke having someone like her on the panel.

5/9/2011 6:02 PM PST

22. Arianna - wrote:

As a professional music educator for over 25 years, I was disappointed,disheartened and frankly, appalled at the slip shod manner in which Ms. Abdul handled her judging duties as regarded a group of young men who were brought up 3-4 minutes before a break the judges obviously needed badly.
    XY Unlimited is a group of 4 young men who I can personally attest have worked their tails off for months preparing for this audition. They were one of the first 20 in line at 7 AM, were patient for many hours waiting without a complaint while others were taken on stage before them (who arrived later FWIW). They did extra ‘shtick’ for the camera folk whenever it was requested of them with good spirits and great harmonies. Many of their co- contestants admired and commented on their sophisticated vocal abilities; moving in and out of 3 and 4 part harmonies and rhythms with ease and grace. These guys are the real deal as musicians and singers. Not a ‘faking it’, ‘all looks and not much actual talent’ group in the slightest. They do all their own work; , costumes, arrangements, musical scoring, promotion, photography. These boys were generous to and well liked by other contestants, patiently waited all day and were the last in their 7:30 am call group to be seen, and were treated in a completely unprofessional and frankly, hissy fitted ignorant way by Ms. Abdul who didn’t seem to have the slightest music vocabulary except to throw up her hands for absolutely no reason before the guys had finished a verse of the song. These kids worked their tails off for months preparing, had gorgeous and pitch perfect harmonies (which many of their co- contestants listening to them rehearse can attest to, and is born out in videos taken of them singing throughout the day). yet

5/9/2011 10:44 PM PST

23. Arianna - wrote:

all she could sputter out was how something or other just wasn’t right or working. Inarticulate, nasty, impatient, and not a word of valid musical critique which would warrant so rudely cutting them off (sorry to say but based on her American Idol history, I can’t say I’ve seen high brow musical knowledge demonstrated by her to date) when the harmonies and polish they had was clear to the audience. If they were inferior in ability, off key, messed up performance, ok. But the opposite was true with these guys, as was quite clear to many audience members who unsolicited and unknown, came up to them afterwards to give encouragement and make it clear they disagreed with Ms. Abdul. The sound levels were off the first few seconds, but that’s the sound guy’s job to fix, not a flaw of the singers. .The audience had cheered for them during their brief Q and A, but were perhaps as confused as I as to what possibly merited Paula’s going off on them before they were even half way into the song. These young men had great harmonies, attitude, presence and were completely on pitch. Nothing occurred to warrant her animosity. Is X Factor to be a show which is so shallow that it’s judges can’t be fair in giving equal time to ALL contestants who demonstrate that they at least know what they’re doing, regardless of race, age, or whether the costumes are sparkly or not? Will they just throw people out who’ve put in enormous time and care regardless of ability, because one or more of them are having a ‘personal moment’ that justifies them not doing the job they’re paid quite a bit by the network to do? Is this going to be another Fox ‘fair and balanced’ hypocrisy of an endeavor where talent be darned, but hidden agenda, moods and intangible standards of ‘buzz’-be tantamount over actual hard work and talent? IMHO, Paula Abdul has done nothing to earn a revered place as a judge of talent in her earlier shows, though she’s certainly gained a reputation for erratic and narcissistic behaviour. The fellow who ‘doormoused’ Paula’s baseless judgement seated to her right, also had not one inch of valid musical reason to throw these guys off. Simon, to his credit, did not chime in with her on this one, (because I believe he in fact does know something about musical structure and harmony), but I was disappointed he seemed too tired to do the right thing and overrule her, letting these guys do their next prepared number and NOT interrupting unless there was something actually WRONG. This would’ve taken a mere three minutes or so more, and at least have given these guys a fair shot to be actually HEARD.. At least these kids would’ve gotten a fair assessment by him and this show could perhaps be taken seriously as having some integrity, not just indulging in silly emotional acting out and a ‘buzz of the moment’ mentality to it’s choices.
    Had XY Unlimited been allowed to have even a fourth the time as say, the Phillipino identical twins, I know they would have at least demonstrated their ability and if it was decided they weren’t ‘right’ for whatever arbitrary goal the judges had in mind, at least they’d have been given the respectful treatment they deserved, and the judges would be held blameless for being arbitrary. As it stands now though, I for one am very disabused of the value of this kind of show to it’s contestants, even though it’s value is apparently highly regarded by it’s own producers. Based on what I saw today, (and there’s a lot of backstage stuff I will have the courtesy not to talk about), it’s just poorly repackaged American Idol, with the heart and soul taken out to no doubt save costs in this ailing economy.

5/9/2011 11:47 PM PST

24. bryan - wrote:

I went to the X-Factor showing at 1pm today in Los Angeles and I have to say I was very disappointed. We were sitting up on the second floor where the wheelchair access was do to my broken leg and you could not hear the conversations of the judges and contestants. One of the main reasons you would drive several hours is to see and hear the show. My view was obstructed and the speakers that were right over my head were not turned on. I believe that the judges and contestants conversations play a crucial role in the show. If the people backing up the big bucks new that they were paying all that money for an unfinished job with these sound technicians not doing there jobs, there are going to be some unemployment increases. Also the security staff was not ADA compliant when they send someone with a walking disability for a long walk around a long city block.

5/9/2011 11:52 PM PST

25. meems - wrote:

GLAD TO HEAR THAT PAULA AND SIMON WILL BE WORKING AS JUDGES ON THE X FACTOR TOGETHER. THEY ADDF SPICE AND INTEREST WORKING TOGETHER! NOW, I AM SURE TO WATCH THE SHOW!! SIMON IS ONE VERY SMART FELLOW!

5/10/2011 9:04 AM PST

26. Darrell Ford - wrote:

I was at the evening audition show of X Factor last night. What a disappointment and a complete waste of time. The venue was awful, sound and acoustics were terrible, everything seems to have been done on the “CHEAP”, the talent presented was mediocre at best, and the few good performers were ridiculed by the judges. The sound system was abysmal. , most of the time you had no idea what the judges were saying or what there decision was about a particular performer .
    Simon, stop being so cheap and turn on the speakers that were already present. If the quality of the production standards of the audition shows are any indication, then this show has a poor chance of success.I I doubt very much that I will be watching and wasting any more of my time and attention to this show when it finally airs.

5/10/2011 11:22 AM PST

27. Matthew - wrote:

been from australia and seeing paula and simon have this special chemistry on american i am very pleased to see them work together again

5/10/2011 10:23 PM PST

28. Julie - wrote:

Does any one know when the show starts on T.V. (what month)

5/11/2011 4:32 AM PST

29. andrea - wrote:

cheryl cole is the best for meee
    i love cheryl coleeeeeeeee

5/11/2011 12:46 PM PST

30. Tara - wrote:

Have they notified the contestants that made it through to the third round from Miami!! Somebody hit a sista up and let me know if I should give up hope! And is a call or mail or email?????

5/12/2011 3:47 PM PST

31. amanda l - wrote:

i think that cheryl cole will be the best judge that the usa ever had … she is so sweet (i never seen her being rude to any contestent on the uk x facor …she was always nice to them )and i love her acent reeeeaallly cute……
    she will do just amazing here in the u.s …..
    big cheryl’s fan ….
    love her song fight for this love

5/14/2011 12:21 PM PST

32. Amanda - wrote:

have you guys ever checked out cheryl cole’s song (fight for this love )it is fantastic iiiii love it
    the best video ever made in the whole world in my opnion for mee

5/14/2011 12:26 PM PST

33. Hien - wrote:

OMG !! So this is real ? The X factor comes to America ??
    What about American Idol ? Two worldwide famous biggest singing contests in one country ? Does America have that lots of talents ?

5/16/2011 4:17 AM PST

34. Regina - wrote:

I love the American Idol and I am sorry to say the show got better once Paula was off the show. I am sad to hear that she will be a Judge on X Factor. I just hope that she will do a better job. I think that if she doesn’t the show will not last. I just don’t think that this is the job for her. She needs to find another line of work, besides Judging.

5/16/2011 9:54 AM PST

35. carol caldwell - wrote:

Simon Check me out CAROL CALDWELL LOVERMAN on youtube or on xfactorliveusa.com i think youll like me im 52 and can sing anything!

5/16/2011 6:36 PM PST

36. GARYHALLENTERTAINMENT - wrote:

I WENT TO THE TAPING OF THE LAST TWO LOS ANGELES PERFORMANCES I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE TALENT DISPLAYED ON BOTH NIGHTS OF THE SHOWCASE THE BLACK MALE SINGERS WERE THE WORST2 SO-CALLED SINGERS I HAVE EVER SEEN A SCREAMING PRINCE /MALE STRIPPER TYPE AND SOME GUY POORLY DRESSED SINGING ” SHAKE THE SUGAR TREE” THESE SINGERS DO NOT REPRESENT THE THOUSANDS OF GREAT SINGERS LIVING IN THE LA AREA I EXPECTED MUCH BETTER FROM A MILLION DOLLAR TV SHOWCASE.

5/17/2011 3:38 PM PST

37. GARYHALLENTERTAINMENT - wrote:

WHY WAS I STRUNG ALONE AGAIN I WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS AND WAS VIDEOED AS WELL AFTERWARDS NO CALLBACK NO MAIL NOT A WORD FROM THEM WHY? I’D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THIS ALSO HAPPNEED WITH AMERICA’S GOT TALENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND NOT EVEN A CALL!!

5/17/2011 4:49 PM PST

38. SANDRA - wrote:

I LOVE YOU BOTH GUYS, YOU LOOK GREAT TOGETHER <3<3 I

5/19/2011 8:54 PM PST

39. SANDRA - wrote:

The show stars in fall

5/19/2011 8:55 PM PST

40. D~Banana37 - wrote:

Did ya ever stop to think that the reason maybe X-Factor never called you back, is because you bombed, you are a talentless nobody!?! Ya think? Get a clue. You think you “deserve” an explanation? Well there it is for ya. Now move on with ur pathetic life!

5/19/2011 9:10 PM PST

41. Ann - wrote:

I am completely done with the joke that has been American Idol the past few years…so glad that a new show is here….hopefully the voting system will be the COMPLETE opposite of American Idol. And it will be great to see constructive criticism again from Simon and Paula and not just “beautiful” all the time….

5/20/2011 8:00 PM PST

42. Russell - wrote:

Shoot!!! I was looking forward to this show until Paula joined. Simon is incredible at picking music talent. Judges….not so much. She brings NOTHING to the table except for annoying childish behavior.

5/21/2011 6:08 PM PST

43. Patty Dunn - wrote:

My son auditioned in L.A. Not an easy task to take him there for the first 3 auditions. Then they said they would contact him in a month….guess what no call, no e-mail not even a message to let him know if he made it or not. Sorry, not a good thing to keep kids in suspense for that long without closure.
    The wait was horrific but we did it all, and not even a Thanks but no Thanks.

5/21/2011 10:35 PM PST

44. Greg Marks - wrote:

Simon and Paula together again. This could be very interesting.
    I didn’t think X-Factor would not be as successful as American Idol, but now, I don’t know. Could be exciting.

5/23/2011 1:25 PM PST

45. Brenda - wrote:

Can not believe that Paula is on the X factor really don’t like her but I guess I will deal with her to Get to watch Cheryl Cole Love her and Her Accent. She is so Talented. Can’t Wait to see the show, It wouldn’t be worth watching if she wasn’t on it.

5/26/2011 4:03 PM PST

46. Tyler - wrote:

I hope this is just a rumor about Cheryl Cole not being on the panel. The main reason I was looking forward to this show was because of her…and I’m American. She has the look, the performance, and charm to be a hit here and I can understand her perfectly. She could stand out…and all for the right reasons!

5/26/2011 6:35 PM PST

47. Cali - wrote:

Hello from Denver. Just wanting to know if anyone from Denver has been notified about results. So excited and waiting to see what the next step is if choosen. Have not heard anything yet so let me know if they are contacting us in Denver yet. thanks

5/26/2011 9:09 PM PST

48. KIRAPRECIOUS - wrote:

IF YOU DONT MAKE IT DONT GIVE UP…
    START ASKIN 4 ONLINE AUDITIONS!!!!

5/27/2011 3:36 AM PST

49. Debbie - wrote:

Fox you suck for axing Cheryl Cole. I for one will not be watching this now

5/27/2011 8:30 AM PST

50. Gabbi - wrote:

Cheryl deserves to be on the panel of judges. To get rid of her would be a shame.

5/27/2011 3:31 PM PST

51. Ziggy - wrote:

I hope Cheryl’s still on the panel. I think she’s really pretty. It’ll be refreshing to see a new face on TV. Nicole Scherzinger does not even have the XFactor herself, she’s been trying to launch her solo career forever without any success. She was on DWTS recently, just like all the other cheap and yucky Wannabes (Kate Gosselin, Kendra etc.) She’s not qualified to judge!! Don’t want to see Nicole’s face on TV!!!

5/27/2011 3:40 PM PST

52. Kathryn Taylor - wrote:

WHY CANT YOU PEOPLE DO ANYTHING IN INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

just a suggestion… Please Please Please Please Please!

5/27/2011 3:46 PM PST

53. lynn - wrote:

SIMON -The audition in Dallas was gruesome and unprofessional. There were 12 judges for approximately 10,000 people – needless to say – very unorganized and totally exhausting. I waited over 11 hours to be put in front of some freaking overweight no-personality dude behind a curtain that everyone else was screaming behind. I wasn’t even asked about my 30 years experienced in Austin TX the live music capital of then world. Ask Owen Money about me. In the meantime – YAUL NEED TO GO BACK HOME – that means you SIMON!! You have no idea what music is about and please don’t come to Austin.

5/28/2011 12:46 AM PST

54. Maria Delea - wrote:

I don’t agree with the decision to sack cheryl! Fox Network producers obviously are only concerned with the american audience and not with the worldwide attention the show will get. Cheryl is know all over the world!!

5/28/2011 12:48 PM PST

55. xfactor fan - wrote:

cheryl cannot sing or dance,TALENTLESS. Paula Abdul’s experience will benefit. Nicole contributed to improving the xfactor in the uk. Cheryl is better off TRYING to sing with girls aloud

5/30/2011 7:40 AM PST

56. Lisa - wrote:

Sad to hear that you guys canned Cheryl Cole and are putting Nicole in her place. It would have been nice to see some new blood. Simon and Paula? Been there, done that.

5/30/2011 9:20 AM PST

57. Douglas Riochter - wrote:

I am really dissapointed in FOX, i was so excited about Cheryl joining the cast, I watch the British episodes on You Tube and I was really excited for her to be a part of the US show. Sorry to say sometimes executives make decisions that are not in the best interest of the show and this is certainly one of them and the is certainly a HUGE mistake. I am not so excited to watch the show now. Shame on you FOX

5/31/2011 10:45 AM PST

58. Anonomous 121 - wrote:

Sorry cheryl cole fans in america but over here in ireland and the Uk we heard that simon sacked the Uk’s and Ireland’s sweetheart cheryl for her accent so everyone in Ireland and the Uk hates simon right now and FOX. Nicole will be judging instead of cheryl. I was shocked when I heard it .BIG MISTAKE SIMON AND FOX .

5/31/2011 11:47 AM PST

59. CHERYL FAN - wrote:

UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE, PEOPLE. IT’S ALL OVER THE BLOGOSPHERE THAT YOU CANNED CHERYL. UPDATE YOUR CONTENT!

AS FOR WATCHING THE X FACTOR, YOU JUST LOST MY VOTE! I REFUSE TO WATCH THIS SHOW UNTIL YOU BRING CHERYL BACK. SHE DESERVES EVERY BIT OF THE 2.5. DON’T BE CHEAP — PAY THE WOMAN HER DUE!

5/31/2011 2:20 PM PST

60. Hayley - wrote:

Bring Cheryl back!!! Bring Cheryl back!!!! She is the only reason why I will actually watch the show – she stole the show in the UK. Sorry Paula, but CHERYL is BY FAR the best judge I have seen, and has a proven track record when it comes to mentoring. She just ‘has it’ – BRING HER BACK!!!!!

6/5/2011 11:15 AM PST

61. Dr Cj - wrote:

TO ALL PAULA BASHERS,
    Grow up already, she has a physical condition starting from an accident she had when she was 17 and yet manages to be one of the best choreographers of her time.
    She coached AI contestants in choreography … but of course no one noticed it took 2 full time people on AI to take her place.
    and talk about judging? Stephen Tyler has got to be the worst judge ever … J-Lo ain’t any better than Paula either … and Randy? Really?
    She probably was acting goofy because she probably takes too much pain medications.
    Regardless, she is more famous than any commentor here will ever be.

6/6/2011 10:58 AM PST

62. Babs - wrote:

Why Why Why?!!!!!!! Paula is horrible, made American Idol completely unbearable. I don’t believe all that crap about pills …drugs/alcohol either ..I think she is just a ridiculous person and has no business critiquing others….ugh!!!! such a let down! wish I could watch but the addition of Paula has totally turned me off. Sorry all.

6/14/2011 10:16 AM PST

63. Torriey - wrote:

Can’t wait for the X Factor!!!!!

8/8/2011 1:04 PM PST

64. Torriey - wrote:

I loved Simon and Paula together on American Idol. They totally complement each other. It’s like Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy on SYTYCD.

8/8/2011 1:06 PM PST

65. Jennifer - wrote:

I can’t wait to see Simon and Paula reunited after all this time!! I’m looking forward to seeing some real musical competition. It’s pretty cool that the auditions are not limited to a certain age group, unlike “Idol”. I hope X Factor knocks that show out in one punch!!!

8/15/2011 10:03 AM PST